Do you know about all of the amazing opportunities for After School Enrichment that Colfax has to offer?
See below and READ CAREFULLY – as some are new!
In addition to the full array of after care options that PEAK offers, check out this list
of enrichment offerings all on the Colfax Campus! Is your child fascinated by marine life? A fan of cupcake wars? A Lego aficionado? A rising improv star? A budding fashion designer? And that is not even the entire list of options available!!! Register NOW at www.peak-adventure.com
Join Village Arts Theatre on the Colfax Campus for its fabulous production of 101 Dalmatians Kids. Registration begins August 18, 2017 at www.villageartstheatre.com
. Click here
for more information.
ComputerWise Kids Code Club – Open to 4th and 5th grade students only – Limited Spots Available!
Computerwisekids will sponsor a “Coding Club” that is free (except for t-shirt & registration fee) to students from grades 4-5. The club would meet one day after school for the entire school year (Mondays 2:30-3:30 p.m.) in the computer lab and the computer Instructor will teach and mentor students to learn coding in many languages.
The “coding club” led by the students and supervised by the teacher. The difference being there is no set curriculum. It is meant to be an environment for kids to come learn, ask questions and solve or work on the tasks they want to explore. The set part- is the team competition that students take part in, and they will write code for an app as solution to help our community. Here they get to choose the program they want to write it in; and what they want to solve for the community. What do they see as a problem and its solution? It will align with the common core standards because it is project based learning.
Some quick points:
- Set up to promote S.T.E.M education
- FREE for students. There will be a $20 charge for team t-shirts + $25 registration fee payable when they sign up.
- It is held after school
- Grades 4-5 Only
- Parents volunteers are welcome
- Open to ONLY Colfax students
- First come first basis sign-ups will be online starting 8/21/17
- Kids can join anytime during the year (as the list allows) or drop out.
- If a student is absent for 2 classes in a row, they are automatically dropped and the next student on the wait list joins in.
- A team of students will take part in a Competition in April 2016 to represent Colfax and compete with other area schools. They will be writing code/program for an everyday solution to help our community.
- Max number 30
See this flyer
for more information!