June 3, 2019
We have a very busy June! First one quick announcement:
- 7th grade families please return Field Trip permission forms by this Wednesday (for the Museum of the City of NY trip). Trip Dates are: 710s Bungalow – June 12; 720s Bungalow – June 13.
I want to encourage you to get involved in three school events coming up:
- Roller Skate Party: Saturday, June 8, 2 - 6pm, Recess Yard
- BUY TICKETS: [Store_Text_Link] and VOLUNTEER [Signups_Text_Link]
- Incoming 6th Grade Orientation: Tuesday, June 11
- VOLUNTEER: [Signups_Text_Link]
- MADE X MORTON Student Art Show: NOTE DATE CHANGE – Now Tuesday, June 11, 6 - 9pm
- at the Spanish Benevolent Society, 239 West 14th St.
A few thoughts about these events –
Imagine walking by a school yard on a sunny Saturday afternoon and seeing middle schoolers skating around and around! That is a happy and unusual scene – and so in keeping with the great ideas of the 75 Morton community. I am pretty sure many of our children have never had such a great experience and I know many of you are really hoping to skate yourselves... PLEASE join the fun this Saturday! Let’s let our neighbors peek out of their windows and see us skating!
Our New Families Orientation is a highlight of the year. Your children speak and represent our school – and their words crystalize their experience at 75 Morton. Your presence is crucial in answering questions from new families, the same questions that you had just a year or two ago. We need your spirit and energy and middle school expertise! We need your smiles and ability to calm fears, give tips and advice, and become a familiar face for next Fall. Please join the fun and help out the morning of Tuesday June 11, from 9 - 11 am (shifts start at 8am)!
Finally, I am so excited for our first 75 Morton Student Art Show, MADE X MORTON. Over the course of the year, our entire student body created countless gorgeous pieces of artwork. They studied bookmaking, calligraphy, color theory, graphite techniques, watercolor, sculpture... and the list goes on. Each and every Morton student was able to benefit from our special art room to exercise their creativity and innovation, their curiosity and their craftsmanship. A selection of their work will be on dislpay at the beautiful Spanish Benevolent Society at 239 West 14th Street – along with light bites and beverages. This will be a terrific evening. More details to follow. Don't miss it!
Have a beautiful week!