The Sowams Parent Teacher Organization is a nonprofit organization whose primary purpose is to enhance and enrich the education of our children and students. Here are just a few examples of what a donation to the Sowams PTO helps support:
- Classroom enrichment, including funds for teacher supplies and activities organized by room parents.
- Cultural enrichment through school-wide assemblies, performances, and the Sowams school play.
- Additional educational opportunities through after school enrichment classes.
- Community building activities, including Octoberfest, Back to School Picnic, Movie Night, Scholastic Book Fair, Bingo Night, Science Night, Arts Night, and the Yearbook.
- Gifts to the school, which have included IPads, Hydration stations, Musical instruments, and more
While our tax dollars do pay for a great educational experience for our children, they do not cover all of the “extras” that make the Sowams School experience so special. The Sowams PTO’s role is crucial to providing this experience to our Sowams students.
Thank you very much for your contribution!